May 12, 2020
Due to COVID-19 and client specific requests, HSPS is providing guidelines that all independent contractors will need to read, review and agree to adhere to if they wish to offer their services to HSPS during the Covid-19 virus pandemic. Those contractors who do not wish to adhere to these guidelines will not be able to be utilized until the pandemic is resolved.
All Servers must:
- Adhere to CDC and local/State guidelines related to Covid-19.
- Wear a cloth mask as described by the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html) at all times when outside your personal vehicle serving papers for HSPS and its clients.
- Wear disposable gloves (CDC recommended or better) or utilize hand sanitizer while handling or serving documents. *One exception is Client Gurstel Law Firm, PC has explicitly required the use of disposable gloves when serving their papers. This will be shared within the service instructions on each of their jobs.
- Maintain Social Distancing at all times when serving. Social distancing as defined by the CDC is a distance of 6 feet or greater.
- Pass a Health Screening Questionnaire before serving for the day. Health Questionnaire is derived from information on the CDC website.
- It is your personal responsibility to assess your own health according to the guidelines set forth below in the Health Questionnaire. Contractors do not need to report findings daily, only need to report findings that would require them to stop serving papers.
Do you have any of the following symptoms?
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with Covid-19?
- Have you been in contact with someone showing symptoms of Covid-19?
*List originates from the CDC website (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html)
If you answered YES to any of the above in the Health Questionnaire, you should stop serving all HSPS papers, notify HSPS and agree to self Quarantine. Please report to HSPS once you have been symptom free for at least 14 days and able to then resume your services.
I, ____________________________ , have read HSPS Legal Services COVID-19 Process Server Attestation and I agree to voluntarily follow the recommendations at all times when performing services for HSPS Legal Services and its clients. I understand that if I do not follow these guidelines as set forth by HSPS’s customers, I will not be able to perform duties for HSPS Legal Services during the Covid-19 virus pandemic. If I change my desires to follow these guidelines set forth, I will contact HSPS Legal Services and advise them of this change.
Printed name: ______________________________
Signature: _________________________________ Date: ______________
Return to firstname.lastname@example.org. No further work assignments will be assigned until a signed attestation is returned.